Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms
The services LAB B (“we”, “us,” “our”) provides, including but not limited to use of office space and access to Internet, are subject to the following Terms and Conditions (“TAC”).
By entering and using our premises, you agree to the abide by the TAC that we have set in place, for the protection of both you own rights as well as ours.
LAB B reserves the right to update the TAC at any time, and updates or changes will be effective immediately upon their inclusion into this document.
2. Description of Services
LAB B may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as per our discretion (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TAC.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any LAB B server, or the network(s) connected to any LAB B server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any LAB B server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TAC and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
4. Use of Services
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
- Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise);
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through LAB B Services;
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not; as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
- Violate any code of conduct of other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service (including the Building Rules for 60 Queen Street);
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
5. Disclosure of Information
LAB B reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in, and your use of the Services as LAB B deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at LAB B’s sole discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by LAB B, or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is non-public, confidential, or proprietary in nature.
- Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of LAB B, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by LAB B, or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
- Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to:
- maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence;
- not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;
- Not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to LAB B, or any participant or user of the Services.
7. Participation In or Use of Services
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that LAB B does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, LAB B provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you.
9. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall LAB B or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of LAB B, and even if LAB B has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
10. Limitation of Liability and Remedies
Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of LAB B or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TAC and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to ten dollars (CAD $10.00). The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
LAB B reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. LAB B further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TAC.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless LAB B and LAB B’s subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by LAB B or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TAC is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TAC shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
14. Adherence to the LAB B TAC
By using the Services and entering the premises of LAB B, I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in this TAC, and further agree to be bound to the TAC regarding my participation in and use of the Services.